Disclaimer – in this article there may be links to products that can help you with your journey to improving your feeling of self worth, if you choose to purchase using these links I may make a small commission at no extra cost to yourself.
Self-love & Self Worth
Welcome to this article on ‘know your worth’ quotes and tips to help you to see the importance of self-love and realize your own self-worth. You may have a good school education or degree, but I bet as a part of your training you were never taught the meaning of self-worth? This article takes you through the journey of practicing self-love and everything you need to improve your feelings of self-worth including inspirational know your worth quotes for him, her, work, and relationships.
Know your worth meaning
Self-worth is the fundamental state of being and is all about how you see and value yourself compared to others. Self-worth is analyzing your past with all its good and bad, knowing how it has made you different from others, and being proud of it. Self-worth is often confused with self-confidence. Self-confidence is only attained when you have acknowledged your self-worth. It is a feeling to of being powerful enough to do anything. To have high self-worth means to have a good opinion of yourself. Indirectly, it’s about you being your favorite person regardless of the past, future, and present life events.
Symptoms that call for self-worth realization
It’s high time to claim who you are proudly and unapologetically. If you ever find yourself in the following situations, then my friend, this article is solely intended for you:
- The first and foremost sign is not being confident.
- Feeling powerless to control how your life and situation evolves.
- Always in doubt about your choices and decisions.
- Hesitation and difficulty in accepting positive compliments.
- Always thinking about your flaws rather than strengths.
- Fear to take on opportunities.
- Always looking for external validations and pleasing others.
Working on increasing your sense of self-worth
Trust me; life is more complicated when you don’t value yourself. Everyone in the world is so busy being better than the other. Even the best ones have their weakness and flaws, but what they don’t do is- apply it to their whole life! They have got strengths, and are embracing them, and so should you. If you think confidently, you will know that even your negative traits can be turned into positives. If you want to know how to master this game, then click on the link.
Rome wasn’t built in a day! So the self-worth realization process is going to require both your time and patience. Read below to kickstart with your first step:
- Know your worth – no one knows you better than yourself! So learn to value your true self. What is it like? What are your strengths? weaknesses? Fears? Dreams? What are you good and bad at? Your best and worst qualities?. You have to be honest with yourself and make peace with your authentic self.
- Fake it till you make it – an old saying, but it works! No one knows the real you apart from yourself. If you act confidently and positively people will buy it, and so will your own brain after a while! Click on the link below to learn how to be a pro in it.
- Self-compassion – it’s time to tell your nasty self-critic to shut up! When you keep dwelling on your mistakes and flaws, you establish a sense of inferiority complex or inadequacy. We all make mistakes. Trust me; I have made many blunders in my life, but you can always move on!
- Take responsibility – I know it feels all cozy lying in your bed, watching Netflix and scrolling Instagram. But trust me, the taste of being responsible is unbeatable. It’s easier to blame circumstances for the way things are, but learning from them and working through them will help you move forward and give you a sense of achievement. Either you can ignore the responsibility thinking there is nothing you can do, or you take in-charge of what’s happening. What happens to you sometimes is completely 100% on you. Here, the key is choice. You can always decide what happens to you. Your decisions and sense of responsibility can make or break any situation. So you choose what it’s going to be? Being stuck at where you are? Or evolving for a better life?
- Self-care – The main reason for low self-worth is neglecting your self-care. Maybe you are in a routine that doesn’t help your body; maybe you are with a person who doesn’t realize your worth. The direct root towards self-worth is: Cut what doesn’t help you evolve. Do whatever makes your soul soar! Take a long shower or bath, snuggle up and watch your favorite movie, go out for your favorite meal or drink, do what you love doing a little bit of you time goes a long way. Doing these small things won’t change anything overnight, but will help your subconscious mind realize that you are well taken care of and worthy in all ways. Little things matter. With every small step, you are moving towards self-care.
- Social media – The most potent platform that can do good or harm! It depends on how you interact with it. If you seek validation from social media or compare your life to others! Then it’s time to take a break. You know this already, but we are telling this again, the number of followers, likes, and comments will never define you. The Instagram or Facebook friends you follow don’t live a perfect life either! Social media is just for fun, and it is not a place for you to seek acceptance. A break will be good for your self-worth. The topic of social media and mental health can go on and on forever. If you want to read more, click on the link.
- Invest in you – It can be about giving yourself proper time to develop, learn, and rest. An investment in yourself can be in any form, either it can be gym, yoga class, therapy, a much-needed vacation, learning a new activity, or anything else you enjoy. Investing in yourself helps you radiate positivity and makes your self-esteem flourish. Again, these actions may be small, but they develop your inner self-worth in a way that you can’t even imagine. All the love you are searching for out there in the world is inside yourself. Why not invest some of your time each day in reading our know your worth quotes below to cement them into your subconscious!
Why is self-worth so important?
It can feel like everything is going wrong when you feel detached from yourself! High self-worth spares us from many mental and emotional rollercoasters. On the contrary, low self-esteem has been the prime reason for addiction and overuse of substances that might cost your life. Low self-worth creates a relentless feeling of despair and inadequacy. Now you see, the harm is not just limited to mental health, but it even affects you physically.
So one reason to beat it all: self-worth is a way to live a positive life by improving your mental and physical health. The topic of self-worth is a big ocean to dive into; read below to uncover the advantages of self-worth.
- Meet your needs: when you value yourself, you trust yourself to meet any needs and responsibility that comes in your way. You make an effort, trust your decision, and take on every opportunity.
- Problem-solving: problems are inevitable! We all encounter some problems in our daily lives, be it at work, home, or society. To take on these problems effortlessly, you need to believe in yourself. You might even need to reach out for some external help, which you can’t do, fearing other’s judgments. When you feel confident about yourself, problems become a lot easier to handle.
- Making bold decisions: I know it’s risky when the outcome is dependent on your own judgment. When you have poor self-worth, you doubt your experience and knowledge, and only strong self-worth can sort that out. With solid self-esteem, you can decide the degree of risk associated with a particular situation and reason out the best possible choices available. You don’t fear judgments and failures with solid self-worth because these things will not change the real you.
- Positive relationships: maybe you are seeking love, maybe you please your friends to stay in the crowd? Stop! You can have a much more honest relationships. And that only happens when you will value yourself. When you don’t hide who you are, you are honest with yourself and people around you. You don’t put up with toxic relationships with a strong self-esteem because you know how you deserve to be treated.
- Being practical: people who value themselves highly know that perfection is an illusion. These kinds of people are so in sync with fundamental humanity that they don’t follow fake standards to stand clear on them. So it’s important to value yourself to stay in the real imperfect world rather than creating fake perfection scenarios in your head and curse yourself for not being able to follow them.
- It makes you stand strong: the only fragile thing loved in this world are flowers and babies. Unless you are any one of them, being fragile is not for you! Valuing yourself makes you stand rigid to setbacks in life. When you are low on self-worth, you allow yourself to be devastated by failures. Self-worth doesn’t make you a loser even when something hasn’t gone as planned. You simply take it as a lesson or experience and apply it in future opportunities.
Know your worth quotes & mantras – learn to value your true self!
Out of all the motivating sections you went through in this article, this one is going to be your favorite. Quotes and sayings can work like magic to uplift us. They are short, simple, require less time to read, and hit you directly to the core of your heart. Here we have highlighted a few know your worth quotes to back you up if you’re feeling down on yourself. Scroll below to read them:
Know your worth quotes for her:
“When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose your self-worth in the process.” – Dave Pelzer
“Women must learn to find self-worth within themselves, not through others. It is important to carve out a place just for you.” – Georgette Mosbacher
“Having a low opinion of yourself is not modesty. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not egotism. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success.” – Bobbe Sommer
“The problem isn’t that I think so highly of myself. It is just that you think so little of yourself. Live life BIG, BOLD and OUT LOUD!”― Shannon L. Alder
“Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”– Tina Fey
“Only when you are aware of the uniqueness of everyone’s individual body will you begin to have a sense of your own self-worth.” – Ma Jian
“To love yourself is to know that your past does not change your worth.”- Unknown
“Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
“Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.”- Unknown
“Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”- Unknown
“Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it.” – Dr. Maya Angelou
“As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are – what others say is irrelevant.” – Nic Sheff
Know your worth quotes for him:
“A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”— Mark Twain
“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” — Thomas Jefferson
“Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”– Eleanor Roosevelt
“The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.” – Sonya Friedman
“When you refuse to settle for less than the best…the best tends to track you down.” – Mandy Hale
“Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.”- Unknown
“What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.” – Henry David Thoreau
“When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.”- Unknown
“The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand
“Know your worth and believe in it. Live life accordingly. No one will dare to let you down.” – Dr. Anil Kumar Sinha
“Refuse to accept another’s estimation of yourself.” – Alison Stormwolf
“Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
Know your worth quotes for work:
“You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” – Zig Ziglar
“With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – Dalai Lama
“Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up.” – Rachel Corrie
“When teachers doubt your potential, show them how wrong they truly are.” ― Ace Antonio Hall
“Know your worth. Then add tax.” – Anonymous
“We are the brightest Star of our sky though we often fail to notice our own brilliance in the presence of others’ light.” ― E.L.Blade
“Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.”– M. Scott Peck
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”– Harvey Fierstein
“If you wish to achieve worthwhile things in your personal and career life, you must become a worthwhile person in your own self-development.”― Brian Tracy
“Do not undervalue what you are ultimately worth because you are at a momentary disadvantage.”― Sherry Thomas
“When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom.” – Suze Orman
“You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” – Yogi Bhajan
“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
“Your net worth can fluctuate, but your self-worth should only appreciate.” – Chris Gardner
“Your most important sale is to sell yourself to yourself.” – Maxwell Maltz
Know your worth in a relationship quotes:
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
“Remember, you’re not half of anything, you’re twice of everything.”― Viet Thanh Nguyen
“Don’t let your past dictate who you are. Let it be the lesson that strengthens the person you will become.” – Unknown
“Never settle. Know your worth.”- Unknown
“There is one irrefutable law of the universe: We are each responsible for our own life. If you’re holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you’re wasting your time. You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn’t receive.” – Oprah Winfrey
“All that matters is that you know your worth. If they don’t know your worth realize that it’s OKAY because they aren’t meant for you anyway.” – Sonya Parker
“Any relationship that never considered your values should not stay longer in your heart. know your worth!” – Terry Mark
“They keep disrespecting you because they have no respect for you, and you keep holding onto them because you don’t know your worth.” – Sonya Parker
“Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.” – Mandy Hale
“Be with a person who treats you like their crown, proudly honoring you in front of the world. Not with someone who treats you like a trophy, secured for their sense of achievement.” – Henna Sohai
If you found these quotes inspirational you can find more here.
I hope you enjoyed this article on how to realize your self-worth including inspirational know your worth quotes. Living your life to the best of your ability is so important! For more great tips on how to get the most out of life take a look at our other articles about leading a joyful life and living with gratitude.